2017 Kiwanis DIA Walk of Fame – North Bay, Ontario
Photographer, Ed Eng, clay artist Keith Campbell national journalist and author Andre Picard and musician Breen LeBoeuf have been named by the Kiwanis Club of Nipissing as inductees of the 2017 Kiwanis DIA Walk of Fame.
University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Doctor of Laws, honoris causa 2013
University of Manitoba, Medicine Convocation, Thursday, May 14, 2015
Laurentian University, Sudbury, Ontario. Honorary Doctorate, 2016
University of Toronto, Faculty of Medicine, Honorary Degree, 2017
The University of British Columbia. Doctor of Letters, honoris causa, Spring Congregation 2017
Carleton University, Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, Spring Convocation 2017
Tuesday, June 13, at the 9:30 a.m. ceremony.
André Picard will be recognized for his extraordinary contribution to public health and public health policy as a journalist, columnist and author of three significant books.
- Centennial Prize of the Pan-American Health Organization as the top public health reporter in the Americas.
- Canada’s first Public Health Hero by the Canadian Public Health Association
- In 2012 he was selected by the Conference Board of Canada as the Scholar-in-Residence, which resulted in publication of The Path to Health Care Reform: Policy and Politics.
- The Michener Award for Meritorious Public Service Journalism.
- The Canadian Policy Research Award.
- The Atkinson Fellowship for Public Policy Research.
- Champion of Mental Health.
- Six-time finalist for the National Newspaper Awards – Canada’s Pulitzer Prize.
- The Canadian Nurses’ Association Award of Excellence for Health Care Reporting.
- The Nursing in the Media Award of the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario.
- The International Media Prize of Sigma Theta Tau (Nursing Honour Society).
- The Science and Society Book Prize.
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal